LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Friday, November 5, 2010

Thank GOD I live in LA


Sometimes, I'm so over Los Angeles. But, more often than not, I thank the good Lord that I'm a Cali girl. Since the start of my new eating plan, I find myself grateful to live in a City with so many awesome resources and options. But, the one thing I'm most thankful for (foodwise) is Babycakes NYC.

BabyCakes is a bakery located in DTLA that offers all-natural, organic goodies free from the common allergens: wheat, gluten, dairy, casein and eggs. Also, no refined sugar. I know what you're thinking...blech! That's everything that's good and right about sweet treats. But, it's unbelievable how delicious the goodies are. Over the course of a few weeks, I've tried a number of things. They are probably most famous for their cupcakes. Honestly, I'm not a fan. I've tried a couple, and I just don't enjoy the texture or the icing. However,my favorite thing is their chocolate chip cookie. It's not just a good vegan, gluten free cookie. It's a fantastic cookie...period. After one bite, my sceptical colleagues became believers. It's crisp on the outside, with a chewy center. Mmmm. I actually might brave the heat just to get one cookie. They are really THAT good.

If you are in LA or NYC, do yourself a favor and go grab a cookie.


NEW YORK CITY, NY

248 Broome Street (Btwn Orchard & Ludlow)
New York City, NY 10002 (Google map)

Telephone 212.677.5047
Email info@babycakesnyc.com

For delivery information, click here.

Hours of Operation
Monday: 10am-8pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 10am-10pm
Friday-Saturday: 10am-11pm
Sunday: 10am-8pm

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES, CA

130 East 6th Street
(between S. Main Street and S. Los Angeles Street)
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Telephone: 213.623.5555
Email la@babycakesnyc.com

Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Saturday: 10am-10pm
Sunday: 10am-6pm
Monday (very limited menu): 12pm-6pm (or until we sell out!)

No comments: