LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Friday, November 5, 2010

Holy Macarons!




I never cared much for french macarons. They've been the big thing around these parts for awhile now. I mean, they're everywhere. Macarons are the new cupcake. I've tasted quite a few, and my assessment was always, "eh". I realize I've never been to Paris. So, I have not had a proper introduction. But, lately, I've really wanted one. I mean, I've had a serious craving for macarons. Why, you may ask?

Four words. Top Chef: Just Desserts!

It seems that someone made a macaron every freakin' episode. While I knew I didn't care for them, I just had to have one. They looked amazing. I literally died when I laid eyes on Morgan's red hot macaron. ***fainting***

So, I conducted a little search and came across a little spot in DTLA. Paulette, with additional shops in San Fran and Bev Hills, has created a new macaron devotee.

As I entered the shop, I was greeted by a case filled with an assortment of the tasty treats. Caramel,caribbean chocolate, coconut,Colombian coffee, lemon,
Madagascar vanilla,Sicilian pistachio,sweet wedding almond,earl grey tea,violet cassis,rose,and passion fruit.

I selected coffee, pistachio, almond, earl grey, violet cassis, and rose. OMG! They were crunchy and chewy. Just delightful. My favs were the pistachio and earl grey. The pistachio was the first one I ate and by far my fav. Again, the texture was perfect.

Best part, macarons are gluten free. Score!

No comments: