LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Friday, October 8, 2010

Hello Again

I'm a terrible blogger. I mean, for reals. My schedule is still really nuts, with no end in sight. So, I'm just going to have to make the time to blog. Although, I've been seriously busy, that doesn't mean I've stopped eating. Oh, and I do mention my food outings on Twitter @wannabefoodie08.

I've had some really great food this summer. Highlights include: More meals at The Bazaar, BLD (blueberry ricotta pancakes are a revelation), Comme Ca (I live for their crab cake with the celery root and green apple), Petrossian (amazing blinis and the most amazing mushroom cappuccino I've ever tasted), Perilla (Harold's spot in New York--um, farro risotto anyone!), Richard Blais' Flip Burger Boutique in Atlanta (buffalo sweetbreads!! yum!), Rivera (again, amazing! and I have to go into detail later), 'witchcraft, Peaches in Brooklyn (quaint little restaurant...the Low Country bowl was off the chains good), Morimoto's in Philly (OMG! The Duck Duck Duck rocked my World), and all of the awesome food trucks in LA. Oh, and the ultimate, lunch at the 3 star Michelin restaurant Le Bernardin in New York. It was my summer of food, y'all. But, alas...all good things must come to an end.

So, I've officially switched to a gluten-free, dairy-free diet. I know. For someone who's favorite food mantra is "Everything is better with butter and bacon", it's tragic. But, alas it's something I have to do. I'm actually quite excited about the whole thing. I'm still a foodie at heart. I think of it as not only a challenge, but the ultimate adventure for this wannabefoodie!

No comments: