LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Friday, February 13, 2009

Favorite Thing: Soon Tofu Soup

Soon from Beverly Tofu

I work with a very diverse group of people. While always a fan of Asian foods (Chinese, Japanese, Indian, and Filipino foods are my favs), I've been exposed to a variety of new dishes. Some I've enjoyed so much that I have incorporated them into my diet. One of those dishes is Soon Tofu Soup. I was introduced to it a couple of years ago, and on a cold day like today I crave it like my parent's gumbo. It is the ultimate comfort food. There's nothing better than enjoying a big steaming bowl of delicious spicy soup, filled to the brim with beef, shrimp, clams, and silken tofu. This delicious soup is topped off with the introduction of a raw egg. The boiling hot soup cooks the egg, adding a little something special to the flavor of the soup that you didn't know was missing. Mmm.

It's about 48 degrees here and I'm headed out to get a bowl at lunch time.


Where I get my soup:
BCD-There are various locations in the LA area. Visit their website for location information. http://www.bcdtofu.com/
Beverly Tofu-2717 W Olympic Blvd Ste 108, Los Angeles, CA 90006-2642, (213) 380-1113

No comments: