LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Friday, February 20, 2009

Recipe: Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I hate to toot my own horn (who am I kidding; TOOT TOOT!), but I make a pretty good Spinach and Artichoke dip. I am not one to hold on to my favorite recipes, I share them freely. I once took a few friends step by step through the process (after which they decided it was just easier for me to do it). So, here it is!

Ingredients:

1 10oz bag of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
1 4oz jar of Italian marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
1 cup of Alfredo sauce (I use the jar kind)
4 oz garlic herb cheese spread
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 shallot, chopped
1 tbs of olive oil
2/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven at 350.
2. Saute garlic and shallots in olive oil. Add artichokes, and saute for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together spinach, alfredo sauce, garlic herb cheese spread, the artichoke mixture, and 1/3 of cheese.
4. Transfer to a dish (I use a large tart/quiche dish)and top with remaining cheese
5. Bake in oven until bubbly and slightly brown around edges (about 15-20 minutes).

Serve with baguettes or tortilla chips

ENJOY!!

No comments: