LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Top Chef Ep. 1

Season Four is officially here! I will not bore you with a complete recap of the show (frankly, I have no desire to write a thesis this morning). However, I have a few little comments.

1) They all have potty mouths! It was insane.

2) The couple...the lesbian couple. Interesting spin.

3) Sista girl Nimma...wow! I know she's a line cook, but she seems a little too soft-spoken for that world. Good luck to her. I might try to eat at her restaurant when I go to Atlanta.

4) Top Chef crush...kinda hard this year. But, I'm leaning towards Spike and Dale (I have an Asian thing--I can't explain it)

5) Ones to watch: Dale, Stephanie, Richard. They are on my radar now. Just too many folks right now. I had to rewind and pause a million times to get people straight.

6) Lastly, I think I love Andrew. No, seriously. I think he's my favorite. The New York thing, mixed with his frenetic speech was just too much. He reminded me of a Spike Lee character. His reactions made me giggle on more than one occasion. LOVE HIM!

2 comments:

David Dust said...

You LIKED Andrew?!? Wow!

Click here for DavidDust's Top Chef Chicago recap.

Wannabe Foodie said...

Yes. I know, he's a trainwreck. But, I can't explain it. He makes me giggle.