LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I've Found My People!

Soooooooo, yes. I've joined a food group. In the Violet recap, I mentioned that I dined with a member of the food group I joined. What? How? Why? I'll cover all of that. The important thing is, I've found my people.

One day, as I perused Chowhound, I came across a post listing several LA food groups. Some focused on wine. Some focused on ethnic food. However, one group covered it all. So, that's the group I joined. Basically, it's a yahoo group consisting of people who are interested in food. There is discussion on various food related topics. More importantly, there are outings. Perfect! Since starting the quest, I find myself dining out alone. Sure, I am usually joined by a friend or two. However, sometimes they are just not as excited as I am. They just want to eat. Also, fine dining is expensive. It's my thing. I know that. I certainly don't begrudge folks not wanting to spend $50 to $80 (or more) on a meal. That being said, it's all good now because I have found my people. How do I know?

I made a side comment about my dinner at Violet in a discussion thread, and soon others wanted to join me. They were just as excited about going as I was. I ended up dining with a member of the group. Mind you, we were total strangers. However, the conversation flowed the entire night. We discussed our meal. We talked about other restaurants, the group, everything. It was great! So, I'm looking forward to many new and exciting culinary adventures!

1 comment:

Haute in LA said...

I'm jealous!!! I want to indulge too. LOL!