LA woman on a quest to eat her way through Los Angeles

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Kogi Taco Truck-update

Last weekend, I caught up with the Kogi Taco Truck. It was really nice to see them out in their element. They were located just outside The Brig in Venice. I got the chance to sample a couple of the other items (in addition to my spicy pork and short rib tacos).

The night's special: Mole

It was a little bowl of mole, with a little onion and sesame on top. It was rich and flavorful. Also, it had a real nice heat. I couldn't finish it all, but I wanted to. So, I took it home and enjoyed it the next day. It was even better.



The Kimchee Quesadilla

Apparently, it's a big hit and has become a sort of regular special. It consisted of kimchee, cheddar, and jack cheese. Oh, there was also a very delicious salsa on top. I found myself scooping a little more on with each bite. I will openly admit that I'm not a huge fan of kimchee. However, I don't dislike it. It was nice, however, it was very different. The traditional flavors are so familiar, that I was always a little surprised when I took a bite that included the crunchy kimchee. While it's not something I can eat a lot of, I can appreciate how others would enjoy it.

No comments: